[Savannah-register-public] [task #8427] Submission of Simple Modular App

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8427] Submission of Simple Modular Application Kit
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:53:41 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

> Please I need help in licencing. I would like to release the
> code under gpl terms but I'm pretty sure there will be some
> issues on required external classes.

Yes.

Since the PHP license is incompatible with the GPL, the only way you can
combine the problematic PEAR dependencies and your own code is to add an
exception like http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLIncompatibleLibs
for each incompatible dependency. You also need to be the copyright owner of
all the GPL'd code, and you can't incorporate GPL'd code from other people if
they didn't give the same exceptions.

So, for a framework it makes like sense to use such exceptions, as it will
require all your GPL users to apply the same exceptions, which they may not be
able to do, for example if they use another GPL'd library.

If you need help with licensing the reference resource is the GNU Compliance
Lab at address@hidden

Aside from that your source code only specifies version 3 of the GPL, while
we recommend to use "version 3 or later". You may want to use more common file
headers as explained in the GPL howto
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html#howto

I'm not sure what you want to do now with this registration. Do you want to
get more information from the GNU compliance lab first?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?8427>

  Message posté via/par Savannah