[Savannah-register-public] [task #14621] Submission of Graph Model Libra

From: Brook Milligan
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14621] Submission of Graph Model Library
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 18:29:20 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for the clarifications.

I believe I misunderstood your comment on the LaTeX-generated files.  I now
understand you to be referring to attributions in the rendered information,
not in the PDF files per se.  I have added appropriate attributions to the
text of the files.

After additional experimentation, the generated documentation does not contain
spurious copyright notices.  (It did before.)  Consequently, I have added
copyright notices to the markdown files that lacked them.

I have added README files to the two directories containing binary files.

This addresses all the copyrights that should be in files.

I believe some of the confusion regarding intent was inadvertent wording.  I
do indeed intend this to be free software so I have changed wording in
CONTRIBUTING to reflect that.  However, I also feel that the US legal
situation regarding FOSS is considerably more uncertain than Germany's.
Further, there are remedies that gpl-violations.org has not sought in the past
and probably cannot seek in the US given differences in legal systems.  Those
remedies, however, are possible to seek under the contributoragreements.org
wording.  Thus, I feel that I have adopted an approach that in fact protects
all participants in this project and does in fact seek to foster development
of free software.  In any case, until there are any participants other than
myself, this is moot.  The software has great potential utility, but is highly
technical mathematically and computationally; thus, whether it attracts
interest remains an experiment.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14621>