Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14667] Submission of Advanced Gtk+

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14667] Submission of Advanced Gtk+ Sequencer Library
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 12:14:31 -0400

Hello, Joël;

On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 06:27:43PM +0200, Joël Krähemann wrote:

> gsequencer.1 is generated of gsequencer.1.xml, which has a proper license
> note.

Manual pages should definitely include a copyright section that the users could
read.

> The following files are generate by source or header files:
>
> * libags.sym
> * libags_audio.sym
> * libags_gui.sym
>
> At my opinion they don't need a copyright notice since the source it comes
> from
> already has a copyright.

If files are generated, the generation procedure should copy notices
from the source; alternatively, their beginning should say which file
it is generated from:
https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html