schemix-devel

[Schemix-devel] Schemix kernel patch

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: [Schemix-devel] Schemix kernel patch
Date: 29 Apr 2003 07:01:55 +0200

Hi,

I just stumbled across Schemix and I do very much like the concept of
it.  So in order to play with it, I tried compiling it for my small
PowerPC based embedded board.  I did succeed in the end although I
needed to mess with the code a little bit in order to make it compile
with gcc-2.95 and in order for it to work without devfs (seldom used
on embedded boards).  The code now compiles for me althought I cannot
as yet read anything from the device file, its simply empty.

Anyway, I am off to a few days of vacation tomorrow, but I'll try to
investigate thereafter whether I introduced this problem through my
"fixes" or if there are portability problems.  For anyone interested
I'll attach the patches I had to make.

Till then I'd just like to suggest that the drivers/char/Makefile is
patched with a line like

obj-$(CONFIG_SCHEMIX) += schemix.o

instead of "cons"ing it onto the obj-y list in which case the
configuration option will likely be useless...

Cheers and thanks for the code!
  Detlev

--
`What's new?' is an interesting and broadening eternal question, but
one which, if pursued exclusively, results only in an endless parade