silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] [smc-discuss] GSOC 13

From: Prateek Sachan
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] [smc-discuss] GSOC 13
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 20:04:50 +0530

I installed pypdflib by following the instructions given on Github : https://github.com/santhoshtr/pypdflib

1.git clone http://github.com/santhoshtr/pypdflib.git
2.python setup.py build
3.sudo python setup.py install

I think the problem may be due to wiki2pdf module in silpa/src/silpa/module/render directory. I read on wiki2pdf's official page : http://wiki.auf-trag.de/ that it is discontinued.

--
Prateek Sachan
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Vasudev Kamath <address@hidden> wrote:
On 18:39 Sat 13 Apr     , Prateek Sachan wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed it already.
> Here's the problem I'm facing:
> 1. I install pypdflib. I check it by running the following 2 commands on
> python:
>
>    - import pypdflib
>    - from pypdflib.writer import PDFWriter    [line #21 of the log file]
>
> No error--> Hence, pypdflib is successfully installed and running.

Are you sure all dependencies of pypdflib and silpa are installed? Your
log says guess language failed but trace back shows pypdflib. These 2l
modules are unrelated!.

> 2. Next, I start the silpa server by running *sh silpa.sh*
> Only two modules are running. If I click on any other from the left menu I
> get this error on the page: "Requested URL not found."
> And this is the log file I get:  http://dpaste.com/1056905/
>
> 3. Next, if I again check whether pypdflib is installed on not, but running
> the commands in Step 1, I find that python now fails to import
> pypdflib.

That is weird. How did you install pypdflib? Did you do pip install? Did
you install it in virtual env? pypi module is outdated so please get the
source from github and install like below

python setup.py sdist
pip install dists/pypdflibxxx.tar.gz

> 4. I re-install pypdflib again and check it through Step #1.
>
> Reiteration of the above steps follow. I've re-installed and checked it
> twice/thrice.
>
> I also had a long chat with stultus regarding the same.

Please re read the README check Dependencies section and re-check if you
have all the required library.

> I'm running Ubuntu 12.10. Any suggestions what should I do?

OS has no role here

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info