sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] pgp.mit.edu upgraded to SKS

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] pgp.mit.edu upgraded to SKS
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 02:06:37 -0500

Jonathon Weiss wrote:
> During the upgrade process, I noticed that we are still getting a few
> requests (and a lot of spam) a week via our email gateway.  I hacked
> to gether some perl and curl to reply to the legitimate requests.  Are
> others intersted in this code, if I found the time to clean it up
> enough for distribution?

You're referring to the email interface to the keyserver, right?

A few[*] of us are running code for that on our servers.

Peter Pramberger wrote the code and it's documented on his site:
http://www.pramberger.at/peter/software/projects/pgp-ekp/

I've attached a tarball of my dev copy. It's Peter's 0.8.2 with a couple
patches to put an extracted key into own attachment and some mime-type
tweaks. Also included are additional translations for Spanish and Catalan.

I'd be happy to coordinate translations to other languages.

I handle incoming key updates and user requests in .procmailrc

+++++
# Handle keysync mails
:0
* ^Subject.*incremental
| /usr/local/bin/sks_add_mail /var/sks/messages

# User keyserver requests
:0
* ^Subject.*(HELP|ADD|INDEX|VERBOSE|GET)
| /usr/local/bin/pgp-ekp.pl

+++++

Just filtering on the allowable subject lines seems to cut the SPAM on
my server.

Enjoy,

-John

[*] keyserver.pramberger.at, keyserver.linux.it, keyserver.gingerbear.net
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or