sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS debian package

From: Jonathan Wiltshire
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS debian package
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:02:01 +0100

On 2012-04-20 15:34, Sebastian Urbach wrote:
Am Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:51:32 +0100
schrieb Jonathan Wiltshire <address@hidden>:

Hi,

Where? I have not seen this complaint.

Sorry, how could i forget the red tape. Will do so.

> He wrote to me personally that there will be no new SKS debian
> package
> and that is simply not acceptable for the most common Linux server
> Distribution.

Again, is this discussion public anywhere?

Again with the red tape. I wrote "personally" and what can that
possibly mean ? Hmmmm. But if you need to have it floating around
everywhere im pleased to do so.

I don't think I understand, I don't see where red tape comes into it. They are perfectly reasonable questions. There is no point me commenting on your original email without some idea of what you've discussed with the maintainer, and there's no need for the sarcasm either.

> He gave me that statement when i asked him regarding the 1.1.2
> version
> and it seems that nothing has changed since then. Seems to be the
> case
> that we are also not going to see a 1.1.3 package.

That remains to be seen. With my Debian Developer's hat on there are
many ways we can resolve this, please don't be aggressive towards the maintainer until the position is clearer. I will try and find time to
look into this.

"There will be no new version"

Somehow i think it's not going to be much clearer than that. Please
feel free to look into this.

When I say 'position', I really mean 'situation'. The maintainer is not in a position to speak for the whole project in this situation, we do have ways of resolving it.

Just if i thought it couldn't get worse. I received this from Fabio di
Nitto (Also listed as "maintainer") for the sks-package.

Sorry but i haven´t done any work in Debian for years now. It´s very
unlikely i will ever start again.

Based on the changelog i can see Daniel Kahn Gillmor (in CC) has been
fixing a bug. Maybe he would like to take it over.

I really dont know what to say anymore.

dkg does have an interest in it, indeed, and he follows this list so I'm sure he will comment if he feels the need. I also have an interest.

There is no point speculating any further until I've had chance to look into the situation.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      address@hidden
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51