sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS debian package

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS debian package
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 14:22:36 -0400

On 04/20/2012 01:17 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> If we're in need of 1.1.3 packages for Debian and Debian-derived
> distros, I might be able to help.  My OCaml is no better than functional
> (pardon the pun) and my knowledge of .debs is far from comprehensive,
> but I have free time to devote to this.
>
> At present I have zero interest in "taking over" from anyone.  I think
> any discussion of that is incredibly premature.  But if we need 1.1.3
> .debs, I'll do my best to get some stitched together in the next few days.

Thanks, Robert!  If you get a build that seems right for sks 1.1.3, you
can post patches or a tarball of the updated debian/ directory to
address@hidden (which will show up at the bug tracking the
request for a new version: http://bugs.debian.org/663757

I suspect the trickiest parts might be thinking about how to get a
smooth upgrade from 1.1.1 and possibly how to deal with a transition to
a newer version of bdb or ocaml.  But i haven't looked into it beyond that.

Regards,

        --dkg