sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New Server

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New Server
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:55:47 +0200

On 28.04.2012 16:45, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>

>>> Your remarks resemble my key servers. Can't be helped, sorry.
>>>

>> Aliases isn't necessarily a problem, at least, after the switch
>> to using the reported Hostname of the SKS server. If there is
>> enough need, I might consider creating a proper alias table, but
>> I'd prefer not to have to :)
>>

> Perfect: from this (and other remarks) and other comments your
> definition of "proper FQDN" policy can be inferred (afaict):
>
> The hostname reported in sksconf needs to be a "proper FQDN".
>
> What hasn't been clear to me is that has an implicit restriction on
> how membership files SHOULD be written using only hostnames that
> match some other sksconf. That is the root of my confusion while
> doing "unauthorized" log scraping and reconstruction.

I should probably be clearer on this, indeed - I'm referring purely to
the Hostname: that is specified in sksconf and shows up in the status
page.

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/