sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] RFE for sks-keyservers.net (was Re: New Server)

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] RFE for sks-keyservers.net (was Re: New Server)
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:22:22 +0200

On 28.04.2012 16:22, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> On 28.04.2012 16:16, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:

>> In order to resurrect the membership file, I grep'ed
>> "unauthorized" out of recon.log, adding IP addresses until
>> messages went away, and then set about manually reconstructing
>> FQDN. More tedious than hard.
>
>> What was really ultimately most useful was the meta columns on
>> your status pages in identifying the desired FQDN for various IP
>> addresses I could not reverse to FQDN.
>
>> Here is the RFE of sks-keyservers.net
>> <http://sks-keyservers.net>:
>
>> Would it be possible to pull a syntactically accurate membership
>> file directly from sks-keyservers.net
>> <http://sks-keyservers.net>?

Seems I had most required info for this already - so preliminary
support at e.g.
http://sks-keyservers.net/status/membership/keys.n3npq.net

a big caveat atm is that I don't record the recon port from the status
page during my server runs - so I'm defaulting to 11370 for all
servers. This obviously can be incorrect.

But at least that is the list of all the servers (note, I do not
filter on whether it is good or not atm) that reports the server
keys.n3npq.net in its membership file.

Other aliases are not detected (but are known to the operator, so
repeating the task multiple times and concatenating the list should
work).

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/