sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Keyserver operators with reverse proxies: read this plea

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Keyserver operators with reverse proxies: read this please
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 20:45:50 -0500

On 2013-03-06 at 18:51 -0500, Eric Benoit wrote:
> Lighttpd has rather limited header manipulation facilities, at least
> in 1.4.x. I was just about ready to add this feature when I came
> across a not very well documented option:
>
> server.reject-expect-100-with-417 = "disable"
>
> Which when added to lighttpd.conf seems to do the trick.

Cool.  Can you share a more complete example, in the Peering wiki page?

> Somewhat related, the keyserver pool listing doesn't show sks.ecks.ca
> as using a reverse proxy, nor being available on port 80. It is in
> both cases. Are these updated manually?

Based on Server: and Via: headers from your system.  Ideally, you should
leave Server: alone so that it reports sks_www and add a Via: header, as
per the nginx example.  If that's not viable, then stomp on Server:.

https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering

-Phil