sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS should not accept or propagate User IDs with no self

From: Stephan Seitz
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS should not accept or propagate User IDs with no self-sigs [was: SKS should not accept or replay non-exportable certifications]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:57:17 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 18.09.2013, 12:40 +0200 schrieb Johan van Selst:
> ClarusComms OpenPGP Services wrote:
> > I fully support Daniel's position as described in his last post
>
> +1

After following this thread, I've slightly changed my view and also
think privacy should be kept whereever possible. Hiding the keys
wouldn't trim them from the pool, the dump would remain complete and is
free for inspection.

Would it be a good idea to add dkg's patches to my keyserver (currently
in the pool), or should the spectrum of answers across the pool kept
predictable identical?
Only keys which shouldn't be queried either, would be affected by the
patch, so I can't see any disadvantages of that experiment.

Oh, technically, the patches showed me that I'll never grow into an
ocaml developer, I'm even unable to abstract if it works as proposed...
So I need to rely on your expertise if it's wise to get them live.

cheers,

- Stephan