sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] SKS should not accept or replay non-exportable certifica

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] SKS should not accept or replay non-exportable certifications
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 17:54:23 -0400

On 09/14/2013 05:00 PM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
[dkg wrote]:
>> > I have told numerous people that the keyserver network will not
>> > propagate local signatures.
>
> This is true.

No, unfortunately, it is not true in any way for SKS 1.1.4 (and probably
earlier versions, though i have not tested).  In its current form, SKS
both accepts and transmits (including via standard gossip) *all*
non-exportable certifications.

I'd love to be wrong about this, but I've tested it and I'm reporting my
observations.  If you have conducted other experiments or made other
observations that contradict this, I would love to hear about them,
specifically.

Regards,

        --dkg