odd behavior with speech dispatcher CVS

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: odd behavior with speech dispatcher CVS
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:46 2006

> I just updated my speech dispatcher from CVS at around 4:00 PM EDT today.
> I'm noticing an odd bug which occurs with all synth modules. What is
> happening is that lines are running together. I'm using speech dispatcher
> with speechd-up, and when I issue a command that reads more than one line,
> the last word of the currently speaking line gets mashed together
> with the first word of the line after it. This causes some pronunciation
> anomolies. This didn't happen with the slightly older CVS build I was
> using before. I've been able to reproduce this behavior using flite,
> festival, and dectalk software.

Hi Jacob,

either I can't reproduce the problem or I don't recognize it. Please
could you enable Festival Speech Dispatcher output module debugging
in
        etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/festival.conf
with the options something like
        Debug 1
and
        DebugFile "/tmp/festival-debug.log"

reproduce the error and send me the festival-debug.log file together
with the string it failed to read correctly?

This way, I'll be able too look at what string exactly was received
from Speechd-Up and what string was passed on to Festival.

Thank you,
Hynek