a new module in speech-dispatcher

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: a new module in speech-dispatcher
Date: Mon Sep 4 09:59:52 2006

> > * Do you plan to add support for voice and pitch change in the future?
> For the moment, Cicero doesn't support change of pitch and volume at
> runtime even if it seems easy to implement it.
> I already suggested that to the author. I hope it will be
> possible soon. But the author of cicero seems very busy.

Thanks. I still wonder about changes of voices. The module
receives request to set particular language and then requests
for switching voices inside that language (MALE1, FEMALE3, etc.).

Do you know something about switching languages and voices in Cicero?
This might be important.

> > * Also, would it theoretically be possible to return audio data from
> > cicero and play them in the module or upstream? I do not think we should
> > do that now as we are currently porting the modules from Dispatcher
> > under TTS API and this audio handling part will change. But for the
> > future, this approach would be better, so I'm curious.
> I don't know. Maybe it could be asked to Nicolas Pitre (author of
> cicero).

Ok, please do so and post your findings here.

With regards,
Hynek