feature request: libspeechd should reconnect to sd

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: feature request: libspeechd should reconnect to sd
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:46:49 +0100

Hello Tomas,
On Mo, Jan 14, 2008 at 09:27:00 +0100, Tomas Cerha wrote:
> Hynek Hanke wrote:
> > It is the application who needs to decide what to do in such a case.
>
> Yes, I agree with this conclusion.  It is done the same way in the case
> of the Python library and the Orca backend.

You are right, python-speechd package does this for you afaik.

The manpage says in section
* Speech Synthesis Commands in C::

 -- C API function: int spd_say(SPDConnection* connection, SPDPriority
          priority, char* text);
     It returns a positive unique message identification number on
     success, -1 otherwise.

Currently if the server crashs the client never gets a vallue of -1.
The client freezes.

If thats my misstake please give me an example how I can handle this.
THanks
Halim