feature request: libspeechd should reconnect to sd

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: feature request: libspeechd should reconnect to sd
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:26:05 +0100

> The the client app crashs and never gets a return vallue of -1!

The main reason for this is that the library uses the write()
function for socket communication and when the socket
is closed by Speech Dispatcher, write() throws a SIGPIPE
signal.

I'm not sure however, how to handle the situation properly.
It doesn't seem to me a very good solution that a speech
library would force the calling program to ignore SIGPIPE.
However, I don't know if it is possible to somehow make
write not to throw this signal.

Does please anybody have some ideas or know how the
situation is handled in other socket communication wrappers?
This plus a few other minor fixes from my developement
version should solve the problem.

Thanks for ideas,
Hynek Hanke