A bug in Espeak 1.30 and questions on updating to 1.31

From: Hermann
Subject: A bug in Espeak 1.30 and questions on updating to 1.31
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:30:48 +0100

Hi,
since upgrading Espeak to 1.30, I get some strange behavior of Espeak:
Obviously without any reason, speech suddenly changes to English. I use
the German language as default and set up SD to use German as default
language. Before 1.30 it was no problem.
I cannot reproduce this behavior, it suddenly shows up while reading
text, and scrolling around with the error keys brings German back.
So I decided to upgrade to Espeak 1.31, but unfortunately there's no
actual debian package til today.
I downloaded the source package and performed the makefile in the src
subdirectory as recommended in the readme file.
I get a bunch of error messages regarding the speak.cpp file and the
installation failed. I also did
apt-get build-dep espeak
What can i do? Will there be a debian package in the near future?
Hermann

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)