A bug in Espeak 1.30 and questions on updating to 1.31

From: C . M . Brannon
Subject: A bug in Espeak 1.30 and questions on updating to 1.31
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:01:44 -0600

Hermann <meinelisten at onlinehome.de> writes:

> I downloaded the source package and performed the makefile in the src
> subdirectory as recommended in the readme file.
> I get a bunch of error messages regarding the speak.cpp file and the
> installation failed. I also did

Hi,
Within the espeak source tree, copy portaudio19.h to portaudio.h.
That *should* fix your compilation  problems.
I compiled espeak 1.31 over here, and I'm running grml as well.  It is
installed  in a rather nonstandard place (/opt/espeak, rather than
/usr).  I can send you a copy of my /opt/espeak tree, if you need
it.

HTH,
-- Chris