Speech-dispatcher crashes with brltty

From: Daniel Dalton
Subject: Speech-dispatcher crashes with brltty
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:17:07 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Hermann wrote:

>> is causing this.
>> So what exactly do I do to fix this?
>> I am using speech-dispatcher 0.6.6 from the debian repo I believe, but
>> could be wrong.
>> Oh and I'm using brltty 3.10 R3648.
>> Thanks for any help!
>
> I'm rather sure this is no brltty/SD problem. Which version of libasound2
> do you use? If it's 1.0.16-x, shift back to version 1.0.15-x.

How can I revert back to that version?
Also I update my system rather regularly, how do i stop libasound from
updating too?

> Perhaps you should update brltty to current revision 3653.

Have done that. I haven't seen a crash yet, but haven't used it for
long...

> Another solution is to change Espeak's output in espeak.conf from alsa to
> oss, but this prevents you from using the speech along with your media
> player. If they are installed, you can use Espeak's output over sound

I want alsa.

How can I make sure espeak.conf (that is the driver I'm using) is using
alsa not OS?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton