Sd still crashes after libasound2 update

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Sd still crashes after libasound2 update
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 12:24:53 +0200

Hermann wrote:
> I don't think that this is the cause of the crashes. On my notebook with
> Ubuntu Gutsy, there are no crashes. The difference is that Gutsy comes
> with libasound2 1.0.15, which is stable.

Hi Hermann,

thanks for these informations. Is libasound2 the only difference
between the two systems? (architecture, version of speechd,
version of libespeak)

Could you try to install libasound 1.0.15 to the system
where speechd crashes for you to confirm that this fixes
the problem?

Thanks a lot,
Hynek