Speechd-el Customization

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Speechd-el Customization
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 13:09:50 -0700

Interesting about the broken spelling function.  Yes, I can arrow
around in the editor environment but I just thought I'd point this out
as spelling is a pretty basic function for screen reader type
technology.  And yes, I'm using speech dispatcher and espeak.

I got the customization to work.  It is definitely a new area to me.
I've always been used to hard coding the variables in .emacs.  Is
there a variable index for speechd-el? I would like to save permenant
values for speech rate.  I didn't see anything like that in the
customication area.