Speechd-el Customization

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Speechd-el Customization
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:04:15 +0200

    SH> Interesting about the broken spelling function.  Yes, I can
    SH> arrow around in the editor environment but I just thought I'd
    SH> point this out as spelling is a pretty basic function for screen
    SH> reader type technology.

Me too, but you are the first one who has noticed *and* reported the
bug.  Unfortunately I'm busy with other projects now, so I can't fix
this particular problem anytime soon in speechd-el.  If any Elisp lover
would like to try it himself, I can explain what's the cause of the
problem.

    SH> Is there a variable index for speechd-el?

What do you look for exactly?  Plain list of speechd-el customization
variables can be obtained by invoking

  cat *.el | awk '$1 == "(defcustom" { print $2 }'

in the speechd-el source directory.

Access to all speechd-el user options is available through `M-x
customize-group RET speechd-el RET'.

If you'd like to customize all the speechd-el user options in a single
buffer (can't see useful reason for this, but it's possible), do `M-x
customize-apropos RET ^speechd- RET'.

    SH> I would like to save permenant values for speech rate.  I didn't
    SH> see anything like that in the customication area.

See sections "Voices" and "Connection Voices" in speechd-el manual.  Of
course, the variables mentioned there can be set and saved permanently
using the Emacs customization interface.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal