Writing a driver for Finnish speaking synthesizer?

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Writing a driver for Finnish speaking synthesizer?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:11:11 +0200

Petteri Heiskari:
> Unfortunately I don't have any funding to participate in bigger development
> work. However I can send you the interface when I get it ready (actually I
> don't know if it should be public anyway because of licensing - no problem
> making it public).

This depends on whether it is generally useful (I believe so,
but I can't read Finish on the website :) and on what is the
license. If this is sorted out, we will be happy to include it
in the official speechd distribution.

>  I have fixed some memory leaks and re-written some code
> but I guess you won't have much use for it.

I don't know. If you have something useful (memory leak
fixes in ttsapi.c), please send me patches, that will be
appreciated.
> So I am now making interface the old way and in future in the new way if
> necessary.

Ok. Don't hesitate to ask more questions if you come over
problems and please let us know about your progress.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke