Output module in c++

From: Cameron Wong
Subject: Output module in c++
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:07:59 +0800

Hi Lex,

I am not quite familiar with speechd. But I have written a draft
output module for my Ekho TTS in C++ more than a month ago. (The
function is very limited. I have no time to improve it recently)

You can write your module basing on one existing C output module
(flite for example) but in C++ syntax. Then you modify the Makefile to
declare some C++ compiling and linking flags for your module.

You will need to make some modification to speechd's code in order to
build it with g++. For example, you will get an issue of "invalid
conversion from ?int? to enum", which I have mentioned in this email
list last month.

Please let me know if I can help.

Cameron