Cepstral Voice Module

From: Jacob Schmude
Subject: Cepstral Voice Module
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:27:34 -0700

Hi
I don't believe there is a Cepstral module at least not one that links
to Cepstral directly. This is something I've been considering writing
but, all in all, I don't find the Cepstral voices' responsiveness to be
up to the level for screen reading so I haven't done it yet.
The current Cepstral module is just an interface to the swift command
via the sd_generic module. You might need to edit this conf file
(~/.speech-dispatcher/conf/modules/swift-generic.conf) and adjust the
command and voices to your setup. Once that's done, you'll need to edit
your speechd.conf and uncomment the line to add the swift-generic
module. Note though that it has no indexing support so there will be a
lot of things, particularly in Orca, that don't behave properly.
It is also possible to use the Cepstral voices through Festival, but
this is extremely slow as you get Festival's latency on top of
Cepstral's.