Cepstral Voice Module

From: Storm Dragon
Subject: Cepstral Voice Module
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:42:24 -0500

Hi,
I probably wouldn't use cepstral with Orca unless it were a really long
text document and I had a lot of time to read it lol. The thing is, I am
hoping that speech-dispatcher becomes the universal speech provider for
Linux of all flavors. So, this means supporting voices that sighted
people are likely to use too. Although some will use voices like Espeak,
a lot will prefer voices like Cepstral or Neospeech which is also said
to work in Linux although I don't know for sure. So, if you get the
chance to write better support for Cepstral, please do. It's probably
not the most important thing by a long shot, but it does need doing some
time. Also, I found out that Cepstral voices only work in a system using
PulseAudio if you use the alsa-oss package:
aoss swift "hello"
Thanks
Storm

--