2nd: Comments on the Text to Speech "algorithm"

From: marc
Subject: 2nd: Comments on the Text to Speech "algorithm"
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:30:46 +0100

William Hubbs wrote:

> I use my speech synthesizers at around 100 wpm, and some would say that
> is slow.  I am not convinced that an idea like what you are talking
> about would be able to perform at high speed.

The same as in Vinux-commandline?

> Not to mention, you would
> have to record every possible word in each language you want to support,
> and if you are supporting tonal languages (languages that assign
> different meanings based on the inflections of the words as well), you
> have to take all of the possible inflections into account as well.  So,
> you are talking about a very large database of recordings.

If you would ask a newsreader on commercial radio if you can cut out the
words as "donation", and use it.

You do not need a database, but a single file, with offsetts, then you can

mp3OrOggEtcPlay( seekfileposition [word] , length )

which is fast ???

Marc

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk