2nd: Comments on the Text to Speech "algorithm"

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: 2nd: Comments on the Text to Speech "algorithm"
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:31:32 -0600

Marc wrote:
> William Hubbs wrote:
>

> > I use my speech synthesizers at around 100 wpm, and some would say that
> > is slow.  I am not convinced that an idea like what you are talking
> > about would be able to perform at high speed.
>
> The same as in Vinux-commandline?

Yes.  We blind folks do tend to run our synthesizers at fairly
high rates of speed, in order to maximize the amount of information that
we receive through our ears.
With a little practice, it isn't at all difficult to understand the speech.

PS.  I note that nobody took me up on my "Microsoft Anna" challenge...

-- Chris