it's done speechd works in system-wide-mode in arch including gdm orca a

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: it's done speechd works in system-wide-mode in arch including gdm orca and console
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:43:10 +0200

Hi,
The problem which was described by Steve was the fact that the
speechd_address couldn't be read from the gdm-user from /etc/profile.
I have first activated orca debug and found the traceback which shows
that speechd tried to autospawn because of missing adr of the running
speechd in system-mode.

I wasn't able to modify gdm to get the adr correctly so I added it in
the orca script itself.

Then I added a speechd user and started speechd with that uid.
su -s /bin/sh -c "speechd_cmd"
in speechd's init script.

Well it works as expected with only single specheed runing :-).
have a nice day.