Speech Dispatcher Documentation.

From: Chaumont Devin
Subject: Speech Dispatcher Documentation.
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:55:28 -0000

Dear Sirs,

I am not a member of this mailing list, but I am writing to show up some
possible  problems.

I have an excellent but unconventional tts system, and I want Orca to
output to it.  Someone who knows about this recommended Speech Dispatcher,
so I have begun reading through the documentation.

Is it not true that all computer software consists of the following
components:

1. Input data.

2. Processing of input data.

3. Output data.

???

After spending a good deal of time looking at the documentation, I cannot
find anywhere that any of this material actually tells me what Speech
Dispatcher does in plain English, what kinds of input are expected, and
through what means, and what kind of output and to where.  Wouldn't it be
much better to put these matters clear and up front in all documentation?
 The name in itself tells me nothing.  How can you "dispatch speech?"  Is
it anything like dispatching feral cats, dispatching criminals, or
dispatching trucks?  And if there are speech dispatchers, might it not be
that there are also dream dispatchers, thought dispatchers, etc., which
work in similarly mysterious ways?

I want to know exactly what Speech Dispatcher does, and whether it can
forward text from Orca to my TTS system.  Is there anybody who can tell me
how to do this without my becoming a bonobo or Homo erectus javanopithecus
in order to do it?  Please don't be shy, but tell me clearly.  Heck, I
would even be willing to let Speech Dispatcher masturbate down in the
sacred bowels of my computer if only I could get it just to do this one
small thing!

Many thanks?in advance,

Chaumont Devin.