Design suggestion: The server just for synthesis

From: Andrei Kholodnyi
Subject: Design suggestion: The server just for synthesis
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 23:27:10 +0100

> Hynek, can you elaborate more on what needs to be factored out of sd,
> and what TTSAPI does? Couldn't we just add the functionality in TTSAPI
> to speech dispatcher some how?
>
> William

well, I'm not Hynek, but I'll try my best :D

since TTS synthesis and audio are glued together now, it would be good
to separate them
and give people the possibility to retrieve TTS only if they want.

besides that at the moment one instance of particular TTS engine is
used per multiple clients
which makes impossible to produce a separate audio stream per client.

And finally there was a TTS API developed some time ago and we could
try to use it instead of libspeechd API
and also between server and modules.

I think this is pretty much everything which need to be refactored.