Design suggestion: The server just for synthesis

From: Michael Pozhidaev
Subject: Design suggestion: The server just for synthesis
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:09:27 +0600

Hello, Halim!

>> to work together on finishing TTS API, setting up a roadmap, setting
>> up a technical specification and the work on its implementation
>> under the review of the existing project reviewers. That way would
>> guarantee that the work is towards the same goals and it is spent
>> in a useful way.
>
> Agreed as long as the new implementation will not be implemented in
> python completely.
> A small implementation which can run on embededed devices as well should be
> prefered in my opinion. I don't like the python dependency.

Yes, embedded device support is very important thing today. Although,
as I know, Python can successfully run on ARM, using Python brings
the unreasonable dependence and it can reduce stability and
performance. It seems to me the only way is to use pure C.

Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia. E-mail: msp at altlinux.ru
Russian info page: http://www.marigostra.ru/