rfc module autodetection patch set

From: Christopher Brannon
Subject: rfc module autodetection patch set
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:57:51 +0000

Andrei Kholodnyi <andrei.kholodnyi at gmail.com> writes:
> This will be really difficult.
> how can you figure out what modules you want to exclude?
> Let's say you put 100 modules in MODULEBINDIR and want only espeak be loaded?

I hadn't thought about that.  A simple ExcludeModule directive doesn't
really cover that case, because you'd end up having to write 99
ExcludeModule statements.

> I'd rather say we stay with AddModule and if there is no AddModule
> directives in conf,
> we load everything and if some are present we load only these modules.

Hi Andrei,
Ok, that seems good.  If we don't find any AddModule directives, then
resort to auto-discovery.  How do we deal with the pesky generic
module?  In my opinion, we shouldn't try to detect it automatically.
Should the existence of an
AddModule "foo-generic" "sd_generic" "foo-generic.conf"
directive also disable module discovery?  I suppose it should, for
consistency's sake.

-- Chris