pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 00:36:04 +0100

Hi,
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 09:02:47PM +0000, Andrei.Kholodnyi at gmail.com wrote:
>    On Nov 23, 2010 1:28am, Halim Sahin <halim.sahin at t-online.de> wrote:
>    > Hi again,
>    >
>    > My next test results:
>    > I tried to build a sd_pico with all debug symbols.
>    > So I modified the CFLAGS in the Makefile and change -O2 to -O0
>    > After building sd_pico it doesn't crash (sd-Pico unmodified under
>    > gentoo).
>    > Then changed back -o0 to -O2.
>    > Crash happens again.
>    >
>    > Comments?
>    > ?????
>    probably compiler, have you a backtrace or something?

Maybe, I use gcc-4.4.4 here.
Producing an useful backtrace seems not possible.
Afaik to get useful output the optiomizations should be turned off.
When i do that no crash occours (-O0).

>    could you please try to use
>    *status_info = g_strdup("pico: Initialized successfully.");
>    instead of
>    *status_info = g_strdup(MODULE_NAME ": Initialized successfully.");
>    it should make any difference, but who knows...

There is no difference :-(.
Touching the status_info pointer with any string operations produces the
segfault.
BR.
Halim