pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442

From: Andrei . Kholodnyi
Subject: pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:57 +0000

On Nov 24, 2010 1:17am, Halim Sahin <halim.sahin at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi Andrei,

> I played a bit with gdb and found out that the pointer of status_info
> isn't accessible when I use -O2.
> I set a breakpoint and run the module_init function step by step :-).

> When I do same steps with optimizations turned off I can use
> print *status_info and get somethinng like
> $2 0x0

> Here is the output when I use standard CFLAGS -O2
> 442 *status_info = strdup(MODULE_NAME ": Initialized
> successfully.")

> ;

> (gdb) print *status_info
> Cannot access memory at address 0x7fff00000000
ok, this is for sure a not valid address
hm... it looks like something happens when passing this param to the
function.

could you check what address status_info has here

module_main.c line 132
ret = module_init(&status_info);

and then compare it with status_info value inside module_init (char
**status_info)

> Are you using different cflags for building pico than eg. espeak?

No, the cflags are identical.