pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442

From: Trevor Saunders
Subject: pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 04:58:21 -0500

> >    > Then changed back -o0 to -O2.
> >    > Crash happens again.

 ok, that's interesting, iirc we haven't forked any threads at that
 point, so it can't possibly be a race.  It seems like it has to be a
 compiler issue of some sort.

> >    >
> >    > Comments?
> >    > ?????
> >    probably compiler, have you a backtrace or something?
>
> Maybe, I use gcc-4.4.4 here.
> Producing an useful backtrace seems not possible.
> Afaik to get useful output the optiomizations should be turned off.

a back trace on the -O2 binary might not be perfect, but its something
which is destinctly better than nothing.  However I suspect me or
someone else will have to setup a gentoo box and walk through the
assembly and otherwise play with this ourselves.

Trev