Few translation related questions

From: Bohdan R . Rau
Subject: Few translation related questions
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 09:31:15 +0100

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 08:59:07 +0100, Hammer Attila <hammera at pickup.hu>
wrote:
[...]
> 3. For example, if not have Espeak sound icons, Speech-dispatcher Espeak

> module sending an "end-of-line" message if I press an edit box line with

> end key if I using Orca Screen Reader. What source file need marking
> translation with this sound icons messages?

There was similar discussion on opentts list.

Icon names should be treated similar to key names, and should be part of
particular synthesizer/language module, not the speech-dispatcher related
string.
Of course if your system language is hungarian and actual screenreader
language is hungariam the "?jsor" word should be better.
But if my system language is polish and I edit french article with Cicero
synthesizer - i don't think sending "koniec-linii" to Cicero is good
solution :)

As you noticed this is solved within espeak. There is very simple to
implement translated names into ivona (in fact: in any libdumbtts driven
module), or even create special function like:
char *play_icon(char *name,char *lang)
returning icon name in particular language.

But I think it's not translator's task.

ethanak
--
http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!