libsonic source hosting

From: Andrei Kholodnyi
Subject: libsonic source hosting
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 20:33:15 +0100

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Bohdan R. Rau <ethanak at polip.com> wrote:
> Making it optional has no sense for me.
> Of course we can use libsox instead - but if I remember correctly you
> don't like constructions like:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_SONIC
> #include <sonic.h>
> #else
> #ifdef HAVE_SOX
> #include <sox.h>
> #else
> #i don't know what should be here :(
> #endif
> #endif

That's true, I hate them :D
I could imagine something like

#ifndef HAVE_SONIC
my_favorite_spd_implementation_for_sonic() { do nothing;}
#endif

as the last escape for #ifdef supporters :D

however you do not need even that if you let configure discover what
implementation you should build
SOX, SONIC or DUMMY
and then build it in conditionally in Makefile.am

>>> At 3 - it's problem for distros developers, not for speech-dispatcher
>>> developers. If developer, i.e. Debian's is not able to find sources
> which
>>> were slipped under his nose, he rather should engage in trade with
>>> parsley.
>>
>> at the end it is SPD problem.
>
> No - if all libraries will be easy accessible and there will be clear
> informations about sources, minimal versions etc.

I agree, but this is not the case.
That brings me back to the main topic of this post:
where are the official sonic sources? :D