Generic Module Severely Broken!

From: Steve Holmes
Subject: Generic Module Severely Broken!
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:54:33 -0700

Hey this afternoon, I got one of these "broken pipe" errors while
using espeak - not generic but plain ol' espeak.  I hve no idea why
this is occurring.  Fortunately, this only happened to me once today
but I was demoing Orca for a group a couple weeks ago and this damn
thing crashed on me several times in an hour long presentation! I
don't know why this is proving to be so unstable on my laptop (64 bit)
It seems to be quite stable on my other desktop which is 32 bit.  No,
I have no plans to downgrade my new laptop to 32 bit.