python obstacle

From: aerospace1028
Subject: python obstacle
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:42:32 -0400

Hello,
I tried to update my speech-dispatcher build from git today and ran into the
following issue:

checking for strtol... yes
checking whether python2 version is >= 3.0... no
configure: error: Python interpreter is too old

I'm using the speech-dispatcher-git script from the Arch User Repository (AUR).
 I've been using the same script for a year or so without major
insedant.

I'm confused by "checking whether python2 version is >= 3.0."  I have python
2.7.3 and python 3.2.3 installed.  Is there a python2 >= 3? or is that the
same as python 3.x?  My understanding is that 2.7 is the highest version of
python2 and python 3.x is the newer replacement for python2 (if/when
pre-existing python2 libs get converted to python3).

Thank you.