python obstacle

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: python obstacle
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 12:33:20 +0200

On 4.6.2012 17:42, aerospace1028 at hotmail.com wrote:
> I tried to update my speech-dispatcher build from git today and ran into
> the following issue:
> checking for strtol... yes
> checking whether python2 version is >= 3.0... no
> configure: error: Python interpreter is too old

Looks like your automake does not support checks for Python3.
Support was introduced in automake 1.11 .

It should look like this:

checking for strtol... yes
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 3.0... python3
checking for python3... /usr/bin/python3

Then it finds out the correct path to your python3 installation etc.

Best regards,
Hynek Hanke