Speech Dispatcher branch, master, updated. 0.8.1-4-g45586da

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Speech Dispatcher branch, master, updated. 0.8.1-4-g45586da
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:35:51 -0400

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 01:00:15AM EDT, Bohdan R. Rau wrote:
> W dniu 2014-10-24 04:51, Luke Yelavich napisa?(a):
>
> >It also cuts off Ubuntu 12.04 users, but for the moment it is not
> >hard to pull that commit and revert it locally if you wish to build
> >for older releases.
>
> And safest way should be:
>
> #if !GLIB_CHECK_VERSION(2,32,0)
>     g_thread_init(NULL);
> #endif
>
> (or something similar).

Yes that is also an option, but at what point do we draw the line and drop such
ifdefs? We have ifdefs in the code now for OS specific stuff, but I am not sure
if I want to go further and put in ifdefs to support older libraries, as we
could build up a lot of them as we move forward, trying to help out those on
older installs. I'm happy to be convinced otherwise, but I think ifdefs for
OS/arch specific stuff is as far as we should go for now.

Luke