pull request for Espeak pitch range fork

From: Trevor Saunders
Subject: pull request for Espeak pitch range fork
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:30:16 -0400

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 02:49:18PM -0400, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:15:49AM EDT, Hussain Jasim wrote:
> > Hi, I couldn't find anywhere on the website to do this.
> >
> > I've pollished up my Speech Dispatcher fork to add support for
> > Espeak's pitch range (AKA inflection) control, and I'd like to get it
> > merged into upstream. I've been using it for a while now on my system,
> > and no issues have come up.
>
> I see that there was placeholder code in the espeak driver to support this at
> some future date. Why completely implement this at the server level even when
> espeak is the only module that supports this feature at the moment? Secondly,
> what clients are likely to use the APi addition, given that there is only one
> synth that supports this?

So, I'm not aware of a way to not implement this in the server and allow
clients to change the setting.  I'd really like to see ssip gain a way
to handle settings custom to modules, there'd be some way for a client
to ask what settings a module has and then change them.  On the other
hand pitch control seems kind of generic, so maybe generic support for
it is fine.

btw do we actually no none of the other modules can support pitch
controls?

Trev