speechd-el term or ansi-term in character mode

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: speechd-el term or ansi-term in character mode
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 20:05:17 +0200

    TC> I really wanted to just let everyone know there is another new
    TC> speechd-el user out there

Good to know. :-)

How about Pierre, still around?

    TC> 1. Milan, why do you think there are so few speechd-el users?

I can think about two reasons (just my speculations):

1. Emacs is not very popular among programmers, even less users, these
   days.  Unlike past days, when one had choice just between vi and
   Emacs, there are many more options today.  This doesn't mean that
   there is anything comparable to Emacs, but it's much more difficult
   to learn about Emacs, one must actively look for it.  And vim is the
   default that people usually learn nowadays.

2. Emacspeak is the well known solution for blind Emacs users.  Everyone
   knows about it while almost nobody has ever heard about speechd-el.
   So people simply start using Emacspeak and don't look for anything
   else.

    TC> 2. I currently still run emacspeak under OSX. Has there been any
    TC> work to support speech-dispatcher under OSX

Already answered by Tom??.

    TC> or integrate speechd-el with OSX voiceOver?

No.