Is Festival 2.5 compatible with Speech Dispatcher?

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Is Festival 2.5 compatible with Speech Dispatcher?
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:49:14 +0200

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading speech dispatcher for Slint to the
current git state or to the upcoming 0.8.9 release.

I will add speech synthesizers beyond espeak-ng. I have already built a
package for flite and Svox pico and would like to also provide Festival.

This URL, found in the INSTALL file:
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/
leads to downloads for Festival 2.4:
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/downloads/festival/2.4/

However the page http://festvox.org/ annouce the availability of
Festival 2.5 and provides a link to these downloads:

http://festvox.org/packed/festival/2.5/

Hence my question: should compatibilty of Speech dispatcher with
Festival 2.5 be assumed, and has it been tested?

Have a good day,

Didier