Is Festival 2.5 compatible with Speech Dispatcher?

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Is Festival 2.5 compatible with Speech Dispatcher?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:28:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

As far as I remember speech-dispatcher communicates with
festival through a client server protocol. Do not really
remember if is is ? tcp process or a linux socket but in fact
do not matter. 2.5 festival release is simply an code upgrade
to be compatible with gcc new versions. When Alan W. Black
annouced this release on festvox list he did absolutely not
tell anything about changing client server festival protocols
as well as no change to the interactive interface or batch
mode. Hence I would say that there is no compatibility problem
even if I do not tested it myself.

Regards

Pierre