straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] where to install the straw libs?

From: Jeremy Messenger
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] where to install the straw libs?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:27:32 -0600

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:06:09 +1100, Jan Michael C. Alonzo <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I'm sort of cleaning up the Makefile and I'm just wondering where's the
right place to install the straw libs?

$(LIBDIR)/python2.x/site-packages seems to be for python specific
libraries and "supposed to be" not for application libraries. Ross[1]
seems to install it in /usr/lib/{straw} and I wonder where do other
distros install their package?

On FreeBSD:

Non-gnome script apps: ${prefix}/share
Gnome script apps: ${prefix}/share/gnome

So, current I modify to make it install in the ${prefix}/share/gnome by default in FreeBSD ports. Attached pkg-plist for anyone to see where the stuff go in FreeBSD.

Cheers,
Mezz

I would like to suggest installing it in /usr/lib/{straw}. Any opinions?
suggestions?

Thanks.

[1] Ross Burton, Straw Debian package maintainer

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.