straw-devel

Re: [Straw-devel] 0.24 dependencies

From: Ross Burton
Subject: Re: [Straw-devel] 0.24 dependencies
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:05:14 +0100

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 05:21, Jan Alonzo wrote:
> The following dependencies have been changed (afaik):
>
> 1. Python dependency is now 2.3 because of locale.getprefferedencoding()
> 2. Dropped mx.DateTime dependency (python-egenix-mxdatime in debian)

Still required for backwards-compatibility, right?

> Proposed dependency (not sure if it's ideal and needs to be further
> discussed):
>
> 1. Glade 2.6.
> 2. python-adns. Let's face it, the UI is really unusable without it.

Apart from systems like mine with multiple nameservers in
/etc/resolv.conf which don't all support the entire namespace, where
ADNS fails to work correctly.  If I disable python-adns at least I can
download feeds, albeit with a blocked interface.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: address@hidden
                                          jabber: address@hidden