[STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:08:21 +0200

Some news about the old problem of SBCL crashes and freezes with StumpWM
when using mode line (i.e. multiple timers): I can run StumpWM on
standard Debian SBCL happily now with my custom mode line utilizing
several timers for its updates.

The infamous "Recursive lock attempt" was claimed to be fixed in SBCL
1.0.16 and apparently it indeed is.  The only remaining problem is that
if using run-shell-command in the timers then StumpWM hangs about once
or twice per day, with both the threaded and non-threaded SBCL versions.
No error message, no backtrace, no way to handle windows and SBCL has to
be killed from another terminal.  Well, the obvious work around is not
to use run-shell-command which is possible in most cases.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal